Wondering what to serve to vegan guests? Even though eggs, dairy, and other animal products are no longer on the table – there are still plenty of delicious options! In this post, you’ll find over 30 of the best vegan brunch recipes for both sweet and savory brunch options from muffins to quiche.
Who doesn’t love getting together with friends or family for brunch? Now that spring is here, it feels like there are even more reasons to invite people over for brunch: Easter, Mother’s Day, baby showers, bridal showers, first birthday parties…. the list of special occasions could go on and on!
Wondering what to serve to vegan guests or plant-based eaters? Or maybe you are hosting a brunch for the first time since going vegan? Even though eggs, dairy, and other animal products are no longer on the table – there are still plenty of great options! In this post, you’ll find over 30 easy vegan brunch recipes that all your guests are sure to love (not just the vegans 😉).
How do you plan a vegan brunch menu?
If you are stuck on how to get started with planning what dishes to serve for a vegan brunch party, here are a few tips on how I approach menu planning.
- Prep Ahead: add a couple of recipes that to your menu that can be prepped in advance. That will take some of the stress out of hosting since you’ll have some dishes that just need to be reheated or plated on the day of the party. Plan for a few simple sides like fruit salad, store-bought vegan sausage, or avocado toast.
- Include a Mix of Sweet and Savory Recipes: try to balance out your menu with some sweet and some savory dishes. Don’t get me wrong, I love vegan cinnamon rolls or vegan donuts, but it’s also nice to have some vegan quiche to balance out all the sugar!
- Make it Special: why not use a weekend or holiday brunch gathering as chance to go the extra mile and make that yummy sweet treat like a cinnamon roll or scone recipe that you bookmarked ages ago. The great thing about baked goods is that they are easy to make in advance so there’s less work on hosting day.
- Include a Signature Drink: include a fun cocktail or mocktail recipe for the day. I’ve included a few of my favorites in the roundup below. If you don’t want to make your own, I have been really impressed with some of the new non-alcoholic drinks on the market! Just add a fun garnish like fresh fruit or a sprig of mint – it’s the perfect way to make it feel more special when serving.
Themed Vegan Brunch Ideas
Sometimes it’s easier to plan a brunch menu or party around a theme! If you are getting friends or family involved in the food preparation, adding a theme makes it much more cohesive.
- Bagel or Fancy Toast Brunch Board: create an epic bagel or fancy toast spread with an assortment of homemade or fresh bread from the bakery and/or bagels. Lay out a bunch of different spreads and toppings like: vegan cream cheese, jams, vegan butter, nut butters, vegan carrot lox, capers, slices of avocado, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, etc. You could also add a couple savory spreads like hummus or this roasted red pepper dip (which also makes a great spread!).
- Vegan Yogurt Bar: there are so many delicious vegan yogurt options on the market now! Pick up a few containers of plain & unsweetened or vanilla plant-based yogurt. Set those out with a bunch of different toppings so people can mix up their own yogurt bowls. Some delicious topping suggestions include: fresh fruit, granola, jams, nuts, seeds, nut butter, and some homemade fruit sauces like this strawberry rhubarb compote or this peach compote.
- Tex Mex or Mexican-Inspired Brunch: make these vegan breakfast tacos or vegan breakfast burritos and serve them alongside salsa and guacamole. You can even have people make their own vegan breakfast burrito bowls if you don’t want to wrap them. Just make all the burrito fillings in the recipe as well as rice and refried beans for serving.
- Vegan Egg Party: just because you aren’t eating eggs, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a vegan egg dish like scramble or quiche! You’ll find some of my favorite vegan egg dishes below like this easy tofu egg scramble or my vegan spinach quiche. If you don’t love tofu as an egg replacement, Just EGG makes a delicious option for vegan eggs.
Vegan Brunch Recipes
This delicious vegan carrot cake baked oatmeal recipe has all the warming spices and grated carrot you’d find in the classic dessert baked into a healthy breakfast. Baked oatmeal recipes like this one are my favorite for meal prepped healthy breakfasts for the week.
Vegan pumpkin baked oatmeal is a simple, make-ahead breakfast that is delicious when paired with a cup of coffee on a crisp fall day. All you need to create this recipe at home is a few simple pantry ingredients like oats, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans.
Who says you can’t eat cookies for breakfast?! These vegan breakfast cookies are loaded with wholesome ingredients like oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Pair one of these with your morning smoothie or coffee for tasty pantry-friendly breakfast treat.
Savor the flavors of summer with this vegan strawberry spinach salad with lemon poppyseed dressing and coconut bacon. You’ll want to make it on repeat all summer!