Home-made crackers are the best! Fresh from the oven, homemade healthy gluten-free crackers featuring veggies, grains, spices, nuts, and seeds offer such a crisp, golden taste, and are an excellent accompaniment for soups, salads, hummus, dips, and fruit. Homemade healthy crackers recipes may seem like a lot of work, but this easy recipe for Gluten-free Crackers with Seeds is so simple! Just mix up your dough, roll onto parchment paper, transfer to a baking sheet, and bake. Then enjoy! These nutritious gluten-free crackers are also vegan and allergen-friendly. Store them in an airtight container to keep them crisp and fresh.
Are crackers healthy?
You may think of crackers as pure junk foods—indeed, many brands of store-bought crackers feature refined grains and oils, sugar, and lots of salt. However, you can find many healthful cracker brands out there today, featuring whole plants. And this recipe is an example of a gluten-free cracker that features whole plant foods ingredients, including nuts, seeds, veggies, olive oil, and spices. So, get ready to enjoy these yummy homemade gluten-free vegan crackers today!
These easy vegan Gluten-Free Crackers with Seeds are packed with healthy whole plant food ingredients, offering a healthy crackers solution for every meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add almond flour, flax seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and salt (optional) to a medium mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the olive oil and tomato sauce, and stir just until mixed and creates a stiff dough.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper, and roll out with a rolling pin to create a thin layer (about 1/8-inch thick).
- Remove the top parchment paper, and place the bottom parchment paper with the dough on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and slice with a pizza cutter or sharp knife into small pieces while warm. Makes 6 servings (about 4 pieces each).
- Store in an airtight container if not serving immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy crackers, vegan crackers, are crackers healthy, gluten free crackers
For other vegan snack recipes, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.